I’ve been keeping writing blogs for two years, starting from mostly translating Finnish children book parts into English and then writing about organisms in my own research. I’ve accumulated over 30 blog posts so far, some of which are available in Chinese, too. To make it easier to see my posts, all the links are listed here, categorised with different topics: Diving Beetles, Wetland Life, Learn Nature with Art Series, Travel, Translations, and Others.
My main research interest is on diving beetles. I’ve written a short introduction about diving beetles and them in Chinese culture.
To make sure my identification is correct, I studied diving beetles in the Finnish Museum of Natural History (LUOMUS) in 2017. In 2018, I studied other water beetles and also Odonata there.
With my great passion for dytiscids, I read about each genus and summerise what I learned. So far, I’ve written about:
- Broad and Flat Acilius
- Rhantus in Finland in Chinese: click here
- A Bigger Version of Rhantus? in Chinese: click here
Fieldwork makes my research possible. I’ve been collecting data since 2017. The first time collecting beetles on my own is definitely unforgettable. I still remember the moment I got my traps back, checking what was trapped. I experienced how biodiverse urban wetlands could be and also BULLIED by some naughty kids in the field.
As I record nice moments in my research, my friends started to ask relevant questions and I also corrected my own false impression on some animals.
I’m very happy that I’ve found my wonderland, but my wonderlands sometimes suffer from some problems. I’m glad that I did some surveys to give management advice.
- Wetlands, Wonderlands in Chinese: click here
- Fieldwork in the Muumilampi Pond in Chinese: click here
Learn Nature With Art Series
My interested in Art and Nature started with three Finnish artists — von Wright brothers. I visited their exhibition in Ateneum during late 2017 and early 2018. I highly appreciated their work.
- Art & Precision in Chinese: click here
- Learn Nature with Art – 1: Mechanical Workshop in Varkaus in Chinese: click here
As you may have noticed, I wrote about waterbirds with some pictures painted by von Wright brothers. So far, I’ve written about:
- Learn Nature with Art – 2: Mallards in Chinese: click here
- Learn Nature with Art – 3: Wigeons in Chinese: click here
- Learn Nature with Art – 4: Eiders in Chinese: click here
- Learn Nature with Art – 5: Steller’s Eiders in Chinese: click here
- Learn Nature with Art – 6: Common Goldeneyes in Chinese: click here
Travelling is a best way to refresh my brain. During trips, I always learn something new and even make new friends.
- A Wonderful Trip in Morocco in Chinese: click here
- A Cool Course in Kilpisjärvi in Chinese: click here
- Hello Again, Arctic in Chinese: click here
The earliest posts were my translation work from Finnish to English and Chinese. Most of them are children’s book parts. Yet, I don’t really speak much Finnish because I’m a shy person.
I like sharing Chinese culture, nature, and many things that are difficult to classify.
- Spring Pasqueflowers in Chinese: click here
- Mount Emei, My Home 峨眉山
- Kindness turns evil !?
- Interesting Crickets in Chinese: click here
- 封喉 Fēng Hóu
- Whose tracks? in Chinese: click here